CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 17, 2009

Teaching is a Lifelong Journey


This is the place where I stay 8 hours a day for 22 years now. A place where I spend time interacting with students of different mold and character.Think of the 350 students in the average per semester whom I have to deal with. This gives me a full range of experience not only in terms of personal satisfaction but also in terms of human relation.

Passion is what guides my teaching, that's for sure. Without it, I couldn't face the immense challenge of teaching teenagers these days. I truly believe the old adage, "Teachers affect eternity"; therefore, all the work I do has a higher purpose than my own enjoyment and satisfaction.

Let me show you how interesting , lovable , and smart my students are. I love them. I enjoy being around their energy. There is no other profession that would allow me to have such an impact on the future. When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.With love, I can praise my students for jobs well done. 'It must be remembered that the purpose of education is not to fill the minds of students with facts... it is to teach them to think, if that is possible, and always to think for themselves.' Treat the students the way you would want to be treated.

I love the wonder in a young's eyes. I keep learning all the time. If I had to do it all over again , I would still prefer to be a teacher. I hope I'm still around in 10 to 20 years full of vigor and enthusiasm to help shape the future of my students.

Teaching, like preaching,is a calling. It's an old and proud profession that touches the future.

0 comments: